Poornima is a noted Nepali singer who was born in 1960. She has sung songs in many languages, inclusing Nepali, Hindi, Marathi and Bhojpuri.
Poornima started her singing career in the year 1971 as a child singer in Ramesh Sippy directed film Andaz.
Her father, Bholanath, who was a music composer passed away when she was barely 11 years old. She has sung many superhit songs as a child actor, including “Tera mujhe hai nata koi”, “jaane tu ya jaane na” and “yaadon ki baarat”.
She is among the oldest singers in the Indian film industry who has sung for composers like Naushad, S.D.Burman, Shankar-Jaikishan, Anil Biswas, C. Ramchandra and Madan Mohan.
Notable Bhojpuri Songs
Some of her famous Bhojpuri tracks include songs like,
- Lahenga Bheetar Bichhua Lahenga Bheetar Bichhua” – Ee Maati Mein Sab Kuchh Baate
- Oonchi Re Dalaan Chadhi Baithal Chho – Doliya Kahaar Beti Chalal Sasurar (Part 2)
- Vidhi Ke Banawan Aaj” – Lajaaoon Naahi Dulha
- So Rupaya Chanda Daike Ho Jai Phiri” – Tohke Chadaib Laal Ohaar
- Jaag Jaag E Barti Jaag Jaag E Barti” – Baans Ke Supva
- Le La Godiya Mein Sejiya” – Devar Ji
- Bidiya Pe India Deewana Ba” – Kab Hoi Milanva Hamaar
- Bant Na Mithai Bant Na Mithai” – Saiyan Siphaiya
- Bhola Bam Kanwar Le Ke” – Bhola Bam Kanwar Le Ke
- Base Ke Supva” – Baans Ke Supva